Thomasville is located in south Georgia and is in Thomas County. The population estimate (from 2013) is 44,869 for the entire county and 18,718 for the city of Thomasville.
Relocating to Georgia
- Learn about registering to vote in Georgia.
- The Georgia Department of Labor will help with a search for Georgia job openings.
- If you have children, look at the public schools available for your children. Read the immunization and health record requirements for Georgia public school enrollment.
- Public libraries for the Georgia town you plan to relocate to can be very helpful providing information about resources in the local Georgia county you plan to reside.
FAQs About Moving To Georgia
How do I transfer my drivers license?
Within 30 days after you move to Georgia, schedule an appointment with the Department of Driver Services, and gather your current license, proof of your Social Security number, two proofs of Georgia residency (bank statement, utility bill or rental contract) and proof of identity (birth certificate, passport or immigration card). Please create a Custom Checklist to be sure you arrive with the necessary documents. At the appointment, you’ll hand over your former license, pay the license fee and receive a temporary license. You may also choose to register to vote. Just a few weeks later your permanent license will arrive by mail.
How do I register and title my vehicle?
Transfer your driver’s license first. Then, with your temporary driver’s license, you can visit your County Tax Commissioner’s Office to register and title your car. You’ll need to fill out an application for a title and license plate, present proof of insurance, and pay for your registration and title in cash, check or money order.
Thomasville Labor Market
When you move to Thomasville, you will want to find a job. Knowing the job market or labor market ahead of time will allow you to make your move to Thomasville, GA a much more pleasant process. We hope the information below will help make your transition to Georgia easier.
The unemployment rate in Thomasville was 8.3% in August 2012.
Most Common Industries:
- Retail trade (15%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Construction (5%)
Most Common Occupations:
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)